top of page


Image by Scott Graham
Work Permit Types 

Interested in working in Canada? Already have a job offer? Or want to find a job after completing your studies in Canada and want to settle down?

Let’s help you follow the right path so you can seize the opportunity with no delay.

  • Obtaining a Work Permit

  • Extending your Work Permit

  • Applying for a Post-Graduation Work Permit


Open Work Permit

As a foreign national interested in working temporarily in Canada, the first step is to know what type of authorization is required. Individuals may either require a work permit or are authorized by the Regulations. Work permits have different types. An Open Work Permit is one.

The latter allows its holder to work for any employer and in any location on the contrary to the other type, the employer-specific permit, which means the foreign worker has to work specifically for the employer mentioned on the work permit and at the specific location.

Open work permits are issued for individuals in the cases below:

  • Post-Graduation Work Permit

  • International Experience Canada

  • Inland Spousal/Common-Law Sponsorship Open Work Permit

  • Spouse of International Student Open Work Permit

  • Bridging Open Work Permit

  • Open Work Permit for Vulnerable Workers

Employer-Specific Work Permit

An employer-specific work permit allows you to work according to the conditions on your work permit, which include:

  • the name of the employer you can work for

  • how long you can work

  • the location where you can work (if applicable)

Work Permit Extension




As a .. .....

Post-Graduation Work Permit




As a .....

bottom of page